46th SAAB ANNUAL CONFERENCE
UFS QWAQWA CAMPUS | 7-10 JANUARY 2020
Accommodation can be booked via the online registration form.
Accommodation has been arranged at the Student Residence of the University of the Free State, Qwaqwa campus. The Fulufhelo and Khayelitsha Residence buildings have been entirely reserved for SAAB delegates. They are situated within 50m of the conference venues.
Fulufhelo (Female) Residence
Khayelitsha (Male) Residence
Included in the rate is the following:
- Furnished bedroom (single/double)
- Communal bathroom (showers, toilet and wash basins)
- Continental breakfast
- Breakfast is based on a set menu with standard portion sizes.
- Unfortunately we cannot provide strictly Kosher or Halaal meals, but we can cater for vegetarians.
- No crockery or cutlery may be removed from the dining halls. The client will be charged for any missing items.
07:00 to 08:30
MENU (subject to change)
- Fried/boiled/scrambled eggs
- Grilled tomato
- Toasted bread
- Filled croissants with ham and cheese
- Assorted muffins
- Fruit platter
- Fresh milk
- Tea / Coffee / Juice
- Bedrooms are furnished with 1 or 2 single beds (with inner spring mattress), wardrobe, desk/table and chair. Bedding includes 2 pillows with pillow cases, 2 sheets, 1 blanket or 1 duvet (NB: No removal of any of these items is allowed at any time).
- Towels, soap or toiletries, chargers, electrical adaptors or international plugs are not supplied. No coffee making facilities are available in the rooms.
- Communal bathrooms are available.
- Rooms are to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure and the keys returned to the Accommodation Officer / Hall Coordinator of the residence. Failure to do so will result in an additional charge of R700. Only one key per room will be issued and signed out on arrival by each delegate.
- No changing or swapping of rooms will be permitted without the consent of the Accommodation Officer of the residence.
- No arrivals after 9pm unless previously arranged with the Accommodation Officer / Hall Coordinator.
- Self-catering facilities are limited. These include a communal kitchen with electronic stove tops, sinks and hot water (hydroboil) on each floor of the residence.
- The rooms are lockable. The University will not be held liable for theft.
- Any emergencies / incidents are to be reported immediately either to the Accommodation Officer (during working hours) or security (after hours). A security guard is stationed at the entrance of the residences at all times.
- All rooms and residences are NON-smoking. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas outside the building.
- For reasons of security visitors are not permitted.
- Access to the residences will only be granted to delegates of the conference, identified by their name tags. Please keep your name tags with you at all times. Please keep your rooms locked at all times.
- Squatting (i.e. unauthorized overnight guests) is prohibited.
- No alcohol or illegal substances are permitted in residences.
- No pets or firearms /weapon are permitted.
- No noise after 9 pm (no music systems, etc.)
Sisonke Guest House
Sisonke Guest House is a gem in the heart of Phuthaditjhaba. Located just 500m from Phuthaditjhaba main shopping complex (The Crescent Mall).
An English breakfast is served from 07H00 till 09H30. A coffee lounge is available for those who like reading or socializing with fellow boarders at the guest house.
Dinner is served from 18H00 till 20H30. All dinner service is per request and one can ask for the house menu available at reception or in your bedrooms.
Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets
Nestled in theHighlands , Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets is located 18km outside of Clarens. The 24-hour hotel offers a restaurant, chalet, suites and rooms.
All accommodation at Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets have a private bathroom with shower, bathtub or spa bath.
The chalets have an equipped kitchen with barbecue facilities. A snack bar can be found on site and you can sample a drink at the bar of the hotel.
Witsieshoek Mountain Lodge
Situated in the Maloti Drakensberg Transfrontier Conservation Area, Witsieshoek Mountain Lodge overlooks the Drakensberg’s Sentinel Peak and Amphitheatre. At 2,286m above sea level, this lodge is the highest in the Northern Drakensberg.
Witsieshoek offers bungalow accommodation with bathrooms.
There is a central restaurant which provides breakfast for visitors. Lunch and dinner are offered on an a la Carte basis, and a pub is open to all guests.
The Harrismith Inn is located just off the N3 highway, halfway between Johannesburg and Durban, and enjoys superb views of Platberg Mountain, Free State province’s majestic “flat mountain”.
The large, en suite rooms, on 2 floors, surround the swimming pool, so you are never far from a cooling splash when the temperature rises. In the evenings, you can enjoy a drink at the Harrismith Inn’s bar, a popular after-dinner meeting spot.
CANCELLATION TERMS FOR ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS
Once payment has been received, your hotel reservation is classified as confirmed. Any cancellations or reduction in room nights received before or on 30 October 2019 will be eligible for a full refund. Any cancellations or reduction in room nights made after 30 October 2019 will be liable for full cancellation fees. There will be no refund for no-shows or early departures. An admin fee of R250 will be charged for any refunds processed.
XL MILLENNIUM CONFERENCE & EVENT MANAGEMENT
LOGISTICS & CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
Linda Benwell – Project Director
Jacqui Bonello – Conference Coordinator
Marcelle Swart – Delegate and Registration Management
Copyright © 2019. XL Millennium Conference & Event Management