46th SAAB ANNUAL CONFERENCE
UFS QWAQWA CAMPUS | 7-10 JANUARY 2020
GRASS IDENTIFICATION COURSE
ALIEN GRASS WORKING GROUP
- Monitor and coordinate information on invasive alien grasses in South Africa
- Raise awareness of new alien species and new incursions
- Produce a list of priority invasive alien grasses and priority areas for management
- Develop best practice control methods of target grass species
- Facilitate better communication between research institutes, invasive species managers and relevant government departments
- Provide information for queries on grass introductions/permits
- Provide policy recommendations
The group meets annually and is open to anyone with an interest in invasive grasses in South Africa.
The Alien Grass Working group plans to host a grass identification course on Monday the 6th of January at the University of the Free State, Qwa Qwa campus. The course will be run by Caroline Mashau, co-author of Identification Guide to southern African Grasses. The course will be free however there is limited space available so please book your space early.
The group’s annual general meeting will be held on Tuesday the 7th of January and is intended for group members only. Anyone wishing to join the group is welcome to attend this meeting.
A session is planned to be held within the SAAB conference with a special focus on invasive grasses in South Africa. The group will present relevant work in this area. Members of SAAB are encouraged to join in the discussion and are also welcome to present any work that they are involved in.
XL MILLENNIUM CONFERENCE & EVENT MANAGEMENT
LOGISTICS & CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
Linda Benwell – Project Director
Jacqui Bonello – Conference Coordinator
Marcelle Swart – Delegate and Registration Management
Copyright © 2019. XL Millennium Conference & Event Management