46th SAAB ANNUAL CONFERENCE
UFS QWAQWA CAMPUS | 7-10 JANUARY 2020
Abstract submission closed on 31 October 2019. Early submissions are highly recommended. Abstracts that do not adhere to the set specifications will be returned to the authors for corrections. Final acceptance for either a paper or poster presentation will be communicated with the authors before or on 15 November 2019. Authors whose oral presentations cannot be accommodated will have the opportunity to present their work as a poster.
ORAL SESSIONS AND POSTER CATEGORIES
All facets of Botanical Research are covered by the conference theme. Oral sessions will be scheduled based on interest and abstracts received. The following categories are proposed:
- Conservation biology
- Plant ecology
- Ethnobotany / Phytochemistry
- Invasive alien plant biology (please specify if part of the Alien Grass Working Group symposium)
- Plant biotechnology
- Plant anatomy
- Plant physiology / biochemistry
- Plant systematics
- Plant taxonomy
- Pollination biology/Plant-animal interactions
- Montane plant ecology
Other suggested topics
- Each oral presentation will be 15 minutes long with an additional 5 min allocated for questions.
- Each poster will be presented as follows:
- A 3 minute oral presentation using a maximum of three PowerPoint slides (including title slide) followed by a 2 minute discussion.
- Poster sessions during which the author must attend to his poster to answer questions.
- Maximum size for posters is A0 (841 x 1189 mm); Portrait orientation.
- Accepted abstracts will be compiled and printed/made available online in an abstract book along with the conference programme. However, accepted abstracts of papers and/or posters NOT presented at the conference will NOT be made available in the final online book.
- Abstracts must be formatted according to the guidelines and example given below.
- It remains the responsibility of the authors to ensure that the abstract is correctly formatted.
- Conference organizers reserve the right to request changes or corrections to abstracts where necessary. Acceptance will be withheld until the quality of the abstract is acceptable for publication in the abstract book.
The following prizes will be presented:
- Best Poster prize – no age limit
- Best Young Botanist – best oral paper delivered by a young scientist under the age of 30 years. Give your ID number in brackets on your completed abstract.
- Best oral paper by a PhD student – current PhD student
- Best oral paper by an MSc student – current MSc, Honours or Junior student
Should you like to be considered for any of these prizes, please indicate your eligibility at the top of your abstract as indicated in the example given in the abstract guidelines.
Please e-mail your abstracts individually as an attachment to:
- Include in the email subject line:
SAAB2020 abstract & presenting author’s surname and initials
- Eg. “SAAB2020 abstract Potter H”
We will send you confirmation of abstract receipt within 2 days.
XL MILLENNIUM CONFERENCE & EVENT MANAGEMENT
LOGISTICS & CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
Linda Benwell – Project Director
Jacqui Bonello – Conference Coordinator
Marcelle Swart – Delegate and Registration Management
Copyright © 2019. XL Millennium Conference & Event Management